The encouragement and guidance I received from Penny and my fellow writers restored my flagging faith in what I was trying to do.
It can be difficult to talk about your writing to a group of strangers but Penny was able to establish a calm and supportive atmosphere from the start.
(This course is now full but I may be running it again in the future -email address below to express interest or keep an eye on events on this website, thanks!)
‘Breakthrough’ is my six-week creative writing booster course for writers with a novel in progress, who are looking to gain momentum and finish a first draft. Six focused, three-hour writing classes will provide support, guidance & inspiration.
Who should apply?
Writers who have started a novel, of any genre. You do not need a creative writing qualification to do this course.
What will it cover/help you to do?
• Rediscover your original inspiration –what’s your story?
• Move past the first few chapters – help you to set goals and develop a writing schedule to suit your life
• Structure your book – break it into manageable parts
• Find and hone your voice – who is telling your story and why?
• Fine tune all aspects of your novel – dialogue, characterisation, plot, pace, setting
• Pitch your novel – enable you to encapsulate your novel for a blurb, to write a one-page synopsis for an agent and prepare a covering letter.
Begins Monday, April 13th, 2015. Central Cambridge
Excludes Bank Holidays May 4 & 25 , last class June 1).
Time: 6.oo-9.00 pm
Cost: 299.00 reduced from 350.00
To apply email email@example.com